Hello People!
I got something in the mail today that said that I had a court date with unemployment. Apparently they thought my last job that I contracted with was full time. Whoops! I have no idea how it will turn out, but I'm a little freaked out to say the least. I'm going to call the lady tomorrow and see if I can get it straightened out through the phone, especially since I'm not on unemployment anymore. Scary! :( It seems like when it financially rains, it pours doesn't it?
That aside, I decided to make a list of what is already in my house, food-wise:
sugar (brown and white)
chocolate
cocoa powder
nuts
food coloring
spices (a bunch)
tea ( a bunch)
hot cocoa
1 can tuna
1 box Cream of Wheat
milk
1 lemon
raspberry jam
lettuce
flour
yeast
dried mushrooms
1 orange
1 apple
butter
mayonnaise
hot sauce
waffles
frozen peas
1 frozen sausage
4 pieces of bread
a few granola bars
coffee
This is my inventory that I have to work with. If it goes bad or I eat it, it's gone. Other than what's on this list, I have five dollars a day to spend. I found a really cool website that allows you to list the things that you own, and it will figure out what you can make! It's called cooking by numbers. http://www.cookingbynumbers.com/ If you're ever confused about what you can make with the stuff you have, try this. It's clever! Apparently I only need three more apples to make apple crisp, for instance.
I decided to make my own pitcher of tea, and put it in a glass Arizona iced tea bottle. Somehow when you make your own tea and put it in an Arizona glass, it's much cooler than other containers. It's like you bought a new one, only it tastes better! :D
I went out with a friend today and he bought me coffee. I made my own tea, and ate three jambalaya servings and a granola bar. I spent $0.00 today!!
$6.60
+
$5.00
_____
$11.60
Now I have $11.60 to spend. Awesome! :D
That box of cream of wheat will last you the whole month by itself!
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, I totally forgot about my cream of wheat! :D YAY!!!!!
ReplyDelete