Sunday, June 27, 2010

June 26th, 2010

Hi Everyone!

Last night after I wrote my entry, I decided to use what I had in my house to make some chocolate truffles. I used Alton Brown's recipe:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/chocolate-truffles-recipe/index.html

I didn't use any brandy. I did make raspberry ones out of the good jam I had, and I finely ground up some coffee to make a batch of caffeine tweeker truffles! :D

Follow the recipe on the site. Here are some visuals of the process:



I didn't get to take any pictures of the final product because my camera overheated (lol), but the final product looked like any chocolate truffle you'd ever buy for crazy amounts of money, and they're YUMMY! One coffee truffle is like a shot of espresso.

After making this last night, this morning I decided to get up early and actually walk to work! :) I left an hour early and swung by the Dim Sum place. I spent $2.65 and tipped the lady 35 cents. Always tip at least something! I had enough for breakfast and lunch, for sure. I probably could get away with spending just two dollars on two meals that way. Sweet. I got two steamed pork buns, a beef bun and two sweet bean rolls. That's some bang for your buck!

On my way to work, I passed by Washington square. It was a beautiful day!


At lunch I ate my dim sum and some truffles while overlooking the dock at the pier:


After work I spent $1.79 on a quart of milk, because I was out of it at home.

$12.33
+$5.00
______
$17.33

$3.00 Dim sum
$1.79 Milk
______
$4.79

$17.33
-$4.79
______

$12.54

No comments:

Post a Comment