Saturday, June 26, 2010

June 25th, 2010


Hi Awesomes!! I have some free clipart from http://free-clipart.net/ so I can be lazy!

I took the bus today, but the machine on it was ganked out and the bus was basically busted and late...so it was free. Excellent!

I was 10 minutes late, however. I was really sad because I expected my boss to yell at me, but instead he hugged me and got his hair stuck on a coat hanger. :)

For breakfast I mowed down some bread and peanut butter. Last night I packed some deviled eggs, a half loaf of bread, and some peanut butter. Come lunch time I was craving a hamburger, so I went and got one off the dollar menu as well as the two for a dollar apple pie. I lost my receipt but I remember that my total was $2.19. I ate most of my eggs, the hamburger and the apple pies. I saved the bread and peanut butter for after work!

By the way, my coworker Eimer (Think that's how you spell her name) bought everyone something to drink today. I requested water...so I got a free bottle of water technically as well. D'awww...what a nice thing for her to do! Thanks Eimer! <3

I work at a store at Pier 39. I noticed that when some older Cantonese ladies looked at our jackets, they would keenly study the stitching of every product. I used to think it was strange, but now I realize that a lot of them used to sew professionally. I talked with one of them and she told me that she used to sew for a living for pennies on the dollar. When she found one of our baseball caps, she was delighted at the stitch for such a good price. You learn to appreciate little things when you've been on the production-end of something. Most people would not take pleasure in the double-stitch of the brim.

My point is that if you learn to make things yourself and take joy in the basics of life, you are far more likely to find pleasure in a good stitch or a gift of a bottle of water. That simple joy is something that no money can buy.




$9.52
+$5.00
______
$14.52

-$2.19 (lunch)

=

$12.33

No comments:

Post a Comment