Friday, June 25, 2010

June 24th, 2010

Hi everyone! I'm excited because I found new stuff on my top shelf: baking powder, corn meal, baking soda, a big thing of salt, yeast, and my roomie gave me some spaghetti noodles! Also I found some cheese slices on the bottom of the fridge. Yay!

I remember buying this stuff when I was making banana bread (it ruled). I still have three packets of yeast left, and flower and stuff! I also have cornstarch and corn flakes. :D I love finding new things in the back.

I ran out of bread today because I made peanut butter sandwiches for lunch (with deviled eggs and that orange I had in the fridge). I spent no money on lunch today, and made it all myself.

I am out of bread. It's like clockwork that I found the yeast packets! This recipe actually calls for no eggs or baking powder/soda, but it does call for yeast. Apparently San Francisco sourdough can be made by making dough and setting it out for a while to grow its own yeast! That will be for another day though...

There is an AWESOME site called the simple dollar. I found the recipe there.

http://www.thesimpledollar.com/2007/11/04/homemade-bread-cheap-delicious-healthy-and-easier-than-you-think/





This is the picture from the site (I'm too lazy to take my own right now) but it looks exactly the same and it ROCKS!!!

I spent two dollars today on the bus, and that's it!

$6.52
+$5.00
______
$11.52

-$2.00 - bus

=

$9.52, not including the 5 tomorrow. Eeee! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment