Monday, June 21, 2010

So I was thinking about how I'm going to do this. If I can spend five dollars a day, then I can save sixty cents a day. I feel okay about spending money as long as I'm saving SOMETHING, even if it comes out to eighteen dollars a month! :)

Since I'm doing this for 30 days, that is going to be a total of 150 dollars. If I want something that's more than five dollars, I'm going to have to save from previous days to get it (kind of like rollover minutes on a phone.) I will allow myself to spend more money if I make more by selling a painting or doing something little on the side, but the money I make from my job doesn't count.

I'm going to keep track of the money I spend by carrying a notebook with me and keeping my receipts. I just realized that this bag of chocolate I'm currently munching on costs about five dollars, which would be a day's worth of money. I'm going to have to reorient myself financially!

See you tonight!
<3
April

5 comments:

  1. For whatever it's worth, I've been there, and I've seen Big Denis make it on bottom shelf whiskey, cigarettes, and mcdonalds $1 menu for 3 years of college. Make sure you carefully consider the amount of energy you exert vs intake, u won't notice it until its too late if you don't. Best of luck!

    P.S. I agree with the peanut butter comment, that's a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :D I'm sure my aversion to both whiskey and cigarettes is bound to save me some money. Hopefully this will get me more organized too, since I'm sort of a scatterbrain. I have money saved up in the bank, but I only want to tap into it if I'm in trouble, ya know? The cool thing is that I think this job will give me more time to learn stuff that I wouldn't if I had a job that took up more of my time.

    Thanks for Reading Awesome! I have Mondays and Tuesdays off and I work at 2:30-11 Wed-Sun, so if you ever wanna give me another chance we can get coffee again. I think I'm gonna stay away from the crazy weekend adventures from now on. :D

    You rock!
    -Apes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you can put adds on your blog. Who knows if people pick this up maybe you can actually make a little bit of money in the process! If you make a checklist a day or two, or even a week or two in advance on WHAT you will spend then all you have to do is follow it and bingo, you win. :)

    Ugh, before I move to Tokyo I'm needed to do some financial rehab. Thank GAWD for Tax Free living there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, but Tokyo is an expensive place. Apparently a cab ride starts at eight dollars, for instance. However, I believe that since Tokyo is so massive there will be a lot of options for you regarding food and stuff to do for not a lot of money. Big city living can be done on a budget! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats why you need a bike in japan.

    ReplyDelete