After reviewing my finances, I have realized that I spend more money than I make. I take cab rides to work, eat out for lunch, and do other things that I had no idea squandered so much of my money! I work hard downtown, but my pay is minimal.
I have calculated that (not including rent and bills) if I spend five dollars a day for a month, I will be out of the red zone. This is actually quite a feat to accomplish, since I live in an expensive city. I am going to document my adventures on this blog, and hopefully gain some good organizational habits while I'm at it! I'm kind of excited.
Have a great day, and thanks for reading!
April
First comment! Woohoo!
ReplyDeleteGood luck! I know you can do it :P
Micky D's breakfast menu is pretty good. Water tends to be free as well at resturaunts. For groceries, Ramen is in bulk.
-Chris
I had a friend do almost the same thing. (He did one super burrito a day) though i would recommend something along the lines of
ReplyDeletecheap bread & peanut butter, Pasta & marinara. grocery outlet has cheap cheese and canned foods.
good luck.
Chris: I found a bottle that is totally water-refillable. Screw soda! Also, fancying up Ramen is always key!
ReplyDeleteKent: I think that the cheapest way to make bread is to make it yourself, which might taste even better than the bought kind! I think Walgreens has some super cheap bread otherwise. Peanut butter will likely have the most protein for the buck, and pasta lasts forever and can be built upon very well.
Thanks guys! <3