Today I am going out to eat. I assume the bill will come to around fifteen dollars. I am still ahead of the game by a good amount of money!
-Aprils :3
(update!)
So I'm awesome and only spent $5.00 for lunch. I went to Shalimar (awesome Indian food) and got chicken tandoori, naan and dip. It was amazing, and totally filled me up for only five dollars. The one I go to is on Polk Street, because it rules.
I spent $25.00 at the grocery store today. I know that's nutso considering my usual budget, but I only bought things that would contribute to a larger meal. For instance, I bought a bunch of walnuts, sugar and bananas for banana bread. I also got carrots, a 5 dollar chicken, celery, peppers, and an onion for chicken soup. I got tomatoes and Italian sausage to make spaghetti. I have enough soup stuff to make about two servings of soup. If I save all of the chicken and boil the soup stock, I'm sure I'll have enough for a HUGE pot of soup which will last me a long time since I can freeze portions. I'm going over budget because I made extra money, but in the long run it's going to last me a long time. I guess what I have learned from doing this so long is that junk food is a great way to lose a lot of money, and the food only lasts for a few minutes. When you go grocery shopping and know what you're doing, food can last you weeks or even months if you freeze stuff!
$76.14
+$5.00
_____
$81.14
-$5.00 (food)
-$25.00 (shopping for food)
___________
$51.14
No comments:
Post a Comment